Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Otherwise Creative

I still plan on keeping this essentially quilty, but I finished the Impractical Baby Quilt.  It's post is even all set to go live when the baby shower happens May 20.  But, now that that's done, I'm gotten to a few other projects that have been in my brain.
So I know other people have been making book purses forever, but I just made my first two.  I have always planned on making one, it's so me, but I just couldn't do it.  I mean, it's a BOOK!  Have you met me?!  But I finally did it.  And I wasn't struck by lightning and I didn't pass out and I'm pretty sure my elementary school librarian will never know.
My mom gave me some great old books of hers when she was ten or so.  The covers were what made them great, the actual book, not so much.  I read one in the series and the editing was so awful; suddenly they are leaving a restaurant?  Wait, when did they go to a restaurant?  It kinda helped appease my guilty book loving conscience. 
Anyway, I had way fun making these.  Here they are for your viewing pleasure. 
Donna Parker A Spring to Remember and The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (the Shakespeare book was mine in high school, book nerd remember)





The sides are gusseted so the purses open decently wide.  These were fun, and really, the part I had the most trouble with was choosing the fabric.  (and can I just tell you how much fun I had setting up my little book vignette for the pictures, so much fun)

2 comments:

Audrie said...

Iove them both. You don't see many orange book covers and backs like that in this century!!! The lining fabrics go with them really well.

Audrie said...

Iove them both. You don't see many orange book covers and backs like that in this century!!! The lining fabrics go with them really well.