Thursday, June 25, 2009

Applique

Personally I find it a little distasteful to switch to applique-just sewing some stinking triangles over the white stripes. But it may come to that. I showed Nathan my triangles a week or so ago and it surprised him. I showed my mom and she compared it to the Winchester lady who was crazy and thought she had to keep building to stay alive. In my case it was that I'd have to keep sewing triangles. It looks that bad. For some undetermined reason my triangle halves are not consistent height, which is some serious wrench action. It will really mess me up. So I am contemplating applique. I would be able to just bust it out. I have the white and the squares all cut. I could sew them together with very little effort and then come back to the triangles feeling like I've made progress rather than being up against a wall. Thing is though, I think piecing would look amazing and be so awesome and fantastic. But applique would speed up the process...I'm seriously thinking about it. It would go much faster and I would be able to really do some sewing. And this monstrosity could then be reasonably finished by Christmas at the latest, it makes September twenty-fourth seem like it might be almost attainable.

No comments: