This quilt was the "girl" quilt I made when a friend was pregnant and not finding out gender. I had left the center blank, thinking that I would add the kid's name.
Well, that baby ended up being a boy and he got monsters instead. So the girl quilt sat waiting, like patience on a monument as they say.
Our Kindergarten teacher is having a baby in February, and score, it's a girl. Check it out, she is so getting a quilt. Done and done. But we really weren't all that sure we would manage to find out exactly how they are spelling the name (I'm related to an EmmaLee, so even a "usual name" can't be assumed) and coordinate that with when she is at school considering maternity leave and all that.
So we went with Plan B; and around here, B is for butterfly.here. It worked out great! I like the bit of dimension it gave the wings. I am all about poof, remember.