the saga of the scrabble quilt and other projects (and you can totally tell Nathan Lindsey)
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
The "Fake Pleats"
I think they look pretty impressive, I mean come on, pleats are hard core. These were crazy easy. Well, okay there was some math involved, but as far as the physical making of them, easy.
I made a bunch of equidistant button holes on the back of the rod pocket. I did this before I sewed the pocket, so essentially giant buttonholes near the unfinished edge then I folded it over to make the rod pocket. (The equidistant part was where the math came in.)
Once the sewing was all done I just wove the rod in and out through the buttonholes. That way, the "out" part of the curtain pulls away from the rod when I open the curtains and creates a fake pleat. Easy.