Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Finished

Last night I did all the final sewing. The border is on and there is nothing left to sew. I have to take out the basting (the "garbage stitches" that hold it together while quilting) and I have to clean up any loose threads from the underside that are peeking up in my seams. But I think I can take care of all that during Sesame Street.
Pictures of the masterpiece will be coming soon; this afternoon maybe. I'm planning on taking a ridiculous amount of pictures. Mostly due to the fact that I don't feel like I have enough pictures of the flip flop quilt and all its little quilted designs.
Essentially I'm glad to be done with it. I have been working on it all year. And now, despite my previous machine, vacations, two kids, pregnancy, and a horribly misguided but well intentioned plan of piecing the triangles, it is finished.

1 comment:

Amber Goodman said...

Hooray! In time for Christmas too. Now you can enjoy the holidays without the stress of the quilt in the back of your mind.